- Published: 31 May 2018 31 May 2018
Nominations at the Meeting Sunday June 10 for officer positions.
Elections will be held on Sunday July 8th.
It’s election year almost everywhere in 2018, including at SOECC. There are several important upcoming dates in theIt’s election year almost everywhere in 2018, including at SOECC. There are several important upcoming dates in theelection process for officers of the club. This year, the positions which are up for election are: President, Vice President,Treasurer, Recording Secretary, Membership Secretary, and Sergeant at Arms.
- The responsibilities of the President include running membership and Board meetings, making appointments to thevarious committees of the Club, and consulting with Club managers and staff to ensure smooth operation of the facilitiesand programs.
- The Vice President takes over the powers and duties of the President in their absence, and keeps and distributes theminutes of the Board of Directors meetings.
- The Treasurer has charge of all Club funds, pays bills and must maintain correct and accurate records and provideregular financial reports to the officers and Board.
- The duties of the Recording Secretary include keeping accurate minutes of all meetings, providing them to members,and maintaining official records.
- The Membership Secretary maintains membership records, receives and submits dues, and oversees interviews of prospective members.
- The Sergeant at Arms maintains order at meetings, and performs other duties assigned by the Board of Directors. Acomplete list of all duties of each officer is contained in the Club’s by-laws.
To be eligible for nomination, you must have been a member in good standing for 18 months prior to nomination. You musthave been recorded as attending five regular monthly meetings from July through June of the year preceding nomination. Ifyour fifth meeting is the June meeting, you are still be eligible for nomination. The official nomination day is at the Sunday June 10 regular membership meeting. Names are to be submitted to the Nominating Chairperson at that meeting.
Elections take place on the day of the regular July membership meeting, Sunday, July 8.
Club members can votebetween the hours of 10:00 and 6:00 pm on that day, by showing their membership card and completing a secret ballot. Allmembers are encouraged to take part in the election of the officers who work hard to make sure that SOECC remains asuccessful enterprise. Be sure to turn out for this important election!